October 17, 2015

FARFETCH: STYLE REINVENTION


Shopping from the menswear section is probably something that you would never consider doing but it can actually be a great opportunity to reinvent your look. 

I personally love experimenting with menswear inspired looks, so when the online fashion site FARFETCH, home to over 300 fashion boutiques, challenged me to style a feminine outfit using only clothing items from their MENSWEAR category, I couldn't resist, especially when I could potentially win a £250 voucher to spend on Farfetch.com!

To say I "fell in love" with this ribbed panel turtleneck sweater by J.W Anderson would be an understatement, the mixture of fabric textures in this sweater had my attention straight away, I thought it would look great layered over the pleated shorts by Givenchy which I envision to have an oversized look on a woman. The classic bomber jacket has had its own reinvention by Dsquared with this sick zipper detail and is the perfect piece to complement this tomboyish look.

I couldn't decide between the Givenchy clutch bag or Saint Laurent backpack. I was drawn to the gold numbering print on the clutch and theres that zipper detail again on the backpack that would look so good with the bomber jacket. Its so hard to choose! I pick both, its a wishlist after all! 
Accessories are always a must and us women can rock a bold face watch and a pair of mirrored sunglasses just as well, if not better than, any man! I'm obsessed with this fluffy bag charm too and I think by now, from my blog, that you guys know no look is complete without a wide brim hat!

I was allowed to pick one clothing item from the womenswear section to complete the look, well I chose these amazing patchwork thigh high boots by Burberry, to be worn under the shorts to inject some vibrant colour into the outfits monochromatic palette and put the sexy back! - hell-to-the-yeah!

Menswear doesn't have to be exclusive just to men, challenge yourself and reinvent your style. Why should men get all the fun?! 

Seriously wish this outfit existed in my wardrobe, its "me" all over! Let me know what you think!

Lavinya x





All images taken from farfetch.com
Collage and words by me.


FOLLOW ME ON

   

20 comments:

  1. I love buying clothes from the menswear section as well, especially jumpers and tees because they are so much more comfy! That roll neck is so nice!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they have the best jumpers, you can see why I pick the roll neck!! - x

      Delete
  2. Love this look! I need to be more daring!

    http://missdonnao.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! Give it a try, you might discover another side to you! - x

      Delete
  3. Those Burberry boots are amazing! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbie I havent stopped drooling over them *why they not mine!!* :) x

      Delete
  4. I'm always stealing my mans shirts, never though of styling a whole outfit though! Those boots are to die for!
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! and yes Burberry are the thigh high boot Queens! - x

      Delete
  5. That jacket ans sweater are gorgeous ! I really need to look at the men's section more. The only problem is the sizing sometimes is already too big for a "small". I hope you win the competition though !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun look. Hope you win!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect selection !

    Emma, http://www.emmabonneaudsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing picks, I adore all of the accessories particularly
    Damn right us girls can pull of bold faced watches and mirror sunnies just as well as any man!

    http://whatrajwants.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think wearing menswear is cool, but unfortunately something I haven't tried to incorporate into my style yet. This post is great as it shows how easily I could do that - and how good it looks. Thanks for sharing.

    Patricia | http://www.viewavenue.com/2015/10/british-designers-troy-london/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hat! Great picks:)
    xx Tara
    http://tarasemira.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the boots!
    Xx,
    Nilu Yuleena
    BIG hair LOUD mouth

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really cool statement look, I like it. I've borrowed shirts off my boyfriend before and I like how us women can mix it up so easily.

    I want that Dsquared bomber jacket!

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool look! That bomber is to die for!! x

    ReplyDelete