September 03, 2015

CHANNELING

This post is seriously overdue cos if your a londoner you know fully well it aint shorts weather, hashtag winter is coming....

CLICK LINKS TO SHOP!:

On the weekends I try to catch up with blog reading, I like to check out the comment section because most of the time this is how I discover other bloggers & their own platforms. That's how I came across Pandora Sykes. If you have yet to come across her blog you should check it out, its definitely worth reading. Pandora's style is a mixture of quirky bohemian with boyish Parisian chic and I like that she doesn't take her style to seriously, its fun and relatable,

This outfit was inspired by Sykes, she's certainly influenced me to buy quite a few more neck scarves, especially bandana's

These boyfriend fit ripped denim shorts found me while I scolded another shopper in the sale section of H&M. *Are you ready? Its story time*... Like a vulture she attacked the rails with unnecessary energy swiping the hangers back and forth on the rail, the falling items didn't discourage her, nope, instead she watched them fall, stepped over them and went to another rail. Now I haven't worked in retail in over 3 yrs but when I did it was for 9 yrs plus and let me tell you this was just one of my pet peeves about working in fashion retail and one of the main reasons why I prefer online shopping! So it irked me (and took a lot of willpower not to batter her on the behalf of all sales assistants worldwide) and I couldn't just walk away like she had so I picked them up. I know old habits die hard but that's when I found them. I've only really seen this shorts length on guys but I've started to see them becoming just as popular as booty shorts in the women's section. They pretty much go with everything like all shorts do but I love the boyish knee length and the edgy rips. 

I am starting to buy into more loose fitting clothing items and I love this oversized jumper, also from H&M and in the sale! It was my "Erika Bowes/Charlotte Martin" inspired purchase, these bloggers are slouchy silhouette queens. I wouldn't normally wear brogues with shorts, but I think it helps finish the look perfectly and gives it a soft masculine edge.

Who's style are you channelling at the moment or who's on your blogger radar? And you know what I would love to know what your pet peeves are while your out shopping! 

STAY IN TOUCH!

21 comments:

  1. Love the neck scarf detail!! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely check out Pandora's blog, her style sounds amazing. I love your shorts.

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! and you wont be disappointed! - x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. Love the neck scarf x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love pandoras blog.

    I'm the baggy kinda girl. To be honest I wish I could rock tighter clothes but I never feel comfortable!

    Great look girl x

    Www.virgosandkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! Love the chicness the scarf adds xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shoes dear! :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool shorts! look wonderful! http://svetlanaleleko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when people are lazy like that when shopping, no need to do that. Great shorts
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugghhhh ME TOO! Pet peeve is an understatement lol! Thanks for reading Lauren x

      Delete
  9. Lavinya, I'm fully stealing this outfit idea, and channeling you! I'd replace the shorts with some ripped skinnies though. And I stopped shopping on the high-street as soon as I got my first debit card and online shopping was safe ha! As for people on my blogging radar, I recently discovered Kat from www.yokat.net -She's super! Not fashion or anything but still super!

    Love
    Sherida

    www.sheridadaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherida, I did indeed check out Kat's blog her sketchwork is phenom! Thanks for the suggestion! PS. Steal away! - x

      Delete
  10. Those shorts look so cool! Love the scarf <3
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fav two things from this post! Glad you love the too! - x

      Delete
  11. Thanks for reading Karolina, glad you like it! - x

    ReplyDelete