August 15, 2015

MODERN DAY 70's DIVA


PRIMARK HIGH WAIST SKIRT - SIMILAR HERE, HERE & HERE
ROKIT VINTAGE BELT
NEW LOOK SUNGLASSES - SIMILAR HERE 


The 70's has firmly become one of my favourite fashion eras. I love the flares, floaty tops, neck scarves, button down skirts, round shape sunglasses, fringed kimonos, bohemian trousers and now the suede A-line skirt.

This high waist mini skirt is from Primark and I am actually wearing in back to front. It has a O-ring zip front detail but I think it just looks more flattering at the back and against all the black accents, the rust orange colour is a nice vibrant change from all the dull tan, beige skirts around.

I bought theses boots as I do most of my purchases, on sale lol, from H&M online. I vowed to return them if they weren't right....but of course they were and now I have something other than sandals that works with this gorgeous suede A-line! Real or fake, the suede skirt is chic and versatile, I can wear it with simple t-shirts, a white shirt or add a polo jumper to take me into autumn. 

Its definitely not hard to find 70's inspired clothing on the high street these days, its everywhere and I absolutely can't get enough of it! In fact if I could channel Bianca Jagger's style into everyday life I would, however, I have seen that this feeling is not the same for everyone and have read a few blogs who actually openly detest the trend and those who wear it, yet surprisingly have featured an 70's inspired item on their blog....???? 
I don't really understand that! In my opinion fashion is an form of expression and one of my favourite things is that fashion can take you away to another place where you can dress how you are feeling each day and no one can tell you otherwise, but thats another blogpost...

In the meantime, I'm definitely not done with the bohemian wave so expect a lot more looks to come from this modern day 70's diva!

Have a great weekend! 

Lavinya x

STAY IN TOUCH:

44 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, you look lovely! <3

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, of course I will check out your blog! - x

      Delete
  2. Love the skirt so much! I am definitely feeling the 70s vibe after this look :-) xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hands down one of fav primark buys! - x

      Delete
  3. Gotta love a bit of 70s style! Gorgeous Lavinya x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley, trust me 70s is defo one of my fav style eras! - x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are so worth the money! Thank you Sabina! - x

      Delete
  5. you look fierce and i love the edit of this post. amazing.
    ❤︎

    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fierce! Yasssssss. Thank you babe, I'm pretty proud of it too! ;) - x

      Delete
  6. This post is giving me life girl! You look amazing! Love the way you added the captions on the photo's too, always taking it to the next level!

    http://dandylove1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love your edits!! Great post and totally in love with the skirt :)

    Millie
    queenmillie.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy the edits are appreciated, that means alot! Thank you Millie - x

      Delete
  8. the editing slays + the skirt too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this outfit, everything about it is perfection! Your suede skirt looks gorgeous and I really like how you've styled it it with a belt :) El xxx

    www.elsfashionfix.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Elise, thanks for checking out my blog! - x

      Delete
  10. Lovley look!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit so much, your skirt is gorgeous!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so fab girl!

    http://alexinwanderlust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love your skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this whole outfit looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it too! and thanks for reading my blog - x

      Delete
  15. Love this skirt! You pull of this 70s trend so good girl!
    Tia x

    www.amortee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Tia. Seriously I am just loving this fashion era! - x

      Delete
  16. I love this suede skirt !!

    millie-loves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the look! The 70s is my favorite era as well. In fact, I still have/wear my flares from high school and I refuse to give them away. Thank god the 70s are coming back lol!

    Great look girl, the skirt looks amazing on you!

    http://www.yupnyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this look! 70s style is my fave! :)

    XO
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.co

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe that skirt's from Primark! You're right, you should be free to dress how you want x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow i'm in love with your style <3 !

    Basic Is The Mood

    http://basicisthemood.blogspot.fr/2015/08/july-buys.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://ias-f.blogspot.co.uk/

    love love this post xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this outfit! You're really cute :)

    www.DianeFnk.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous8/29/2015

    I loved everything about this blog omg! Looks like a magazine so pleasing to read and see the pictures. Love love love <3

    mini-s-mall.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful pictures!
    Love this look.

    Do stop by my blog.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the minimal twist to the 70s look! well styled
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a great look. The belt defines your waist and definitely "adds more character". Taking notes..

    Fashionkiller.co.uk

    ReplyDelete