October 26, 2014

THE WEEKEND MUSE #2: A/W INVESTMENT PIECES

Did you remember to turn your clocks back an hour? Yep the days are gonna get shorter and darker earlier but are you A/W ready? Well if your not here are my 12 wardrobe essentials I think are worth investing this season. Yes I'm here to inspire a shopping spree #sorrynotsorry 

01. OVERSIZED SWEATER Is the go-to piece for layering this A/W.  In my opinion the slouchier and chunkier the better. The oversized sweater will allow you to keep wearing your summer pieces for a little while longer or with jeans and some trainers for your more casual days.

02. DENIM SHIRT A white shirt is a definite wardrobe staple but for an A/W update go for an darker wash denim shirt. I wear one all year round tbh, but for the colder seasons I love wearing them with leather trousers, skirts etc. Definitely a versatile piece that can be dressed up or down.

03. TURTLENECKS Go with everything. I'm not joking! Layer them under shirts or over dresses and you will be reaching for them as much as you reach for your oversized sweaters. Uniqlo have some bomb ones!

04. LEATHER JACKET Are the ultimate timeless piece for any wardrobe. Yes there are a few great faux leather versions out on the high street but invest in a good leather jacket and it will last forever.

05. FEDORA I know hats aren't for everybody but I can't live without them! If you feel like they don't suit you don't give up on them, it may be you haven't found the right one! There are so many shapes to fedoras and I feel like they finish off any simple outfit and give it an edgy look.

06. TRAINERS Their not only for wearing to the gym or for your "cba days", for a more on trend look team them with tailored trousers and knitted dresses.

07. JEANS I love mom jeans. I know, I'm sorry if I talk about them too much but if you find a style that works for you then stick with it and mine is "The Mom Jean". They have the perfect cut, not too tight and not too large and I think they suit every shape! So if you haven't already, try them!

08. SHIFT DRESS I love this dress by Monki! Paired with the court shoes and the leather jacket its the perfect ootn and as it gradually gets colder its a great base for layering with the denim shirt, turtle neck and boots! A LBD is a classic piece and can be styled in so many ways!
*TIP* Mix up your accessories and you have a fail-safe item for any event!

09. ANKLE & OVER-THE-KNEE BOOTS You can never have too many boots when it comes to A/W but its especially good to have an ankle boot like these ones from H&M they go with practically everything! And over the knee boots are on everyones wish list this season whether heeled, flat, leather or suede you need them in your wardrobe!
*TIP* Ankle boots with a higher heel or embellishment add a dressed up touch to allow transition from ootd to ootn. 

10. THE COAT A casual, slightly oversized coat with masculine vibes, which you know I love, is a bargain at £24.99 from H&M, I've seen this coat in person and the quality is amazing for such an inexpensive price. Its selling out quick get it or regret it!
*TIP* Use a skinny belt to create a more feminine silhouette and accentuate your waist.

11. COURT SHOES Every woman should have a pair of heels comfortable enough for the day and chic enough for the night.

12. THE SHOPPER This Monki faux leather shopper is a simple looking bag, but I think thats what makes it look very effective, and when your ready fold it down and carry it like a clutch.


What are your A/W wardrobe essentials?
Lavinya x

Follow me:

6 comments:

  1. Finally good inspiration girl thanks!!

    Have to bookmark this for a sec :D

    Hope you will stop by to check out my new posts!

    Happy Monday!

    Xxx

    Top 5 Luxury Watches!
    Bedroom inspiration kids!
    JOIN MY BLOGGER NETWORK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Janice I remembered your suggestion from a previous post! Glad is well received! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Saving is going to be a myth for a while! lol xx

      Delete
  3. this post is so YOU. I can see you written all over it haha x

    ReplyDelete