June 13, 2014

BE BOLD: THE STATEMENT NECKLACE

Statement necklaces can transform your entire look, their a fun, easy, effective way to jazz up any blah outfit and anybody can wear them! Below are some of my favourites...

1. The double pearl choker necklace is a modern twist to the traditional pearl necklace and I find it brings my a basic tshirts to life, its simple but very effective. 
eBay | £1.89 (Free P+P!)

2. This beautiful necklace is from Primark. They also had a red stone version but I love royal blue its so eye catching. I get alot of compliments when I wear this necklace and people are often shocked when I tell them where it is from.
Primark | £8.00 Similar (here) 

3. I love bling jewellery, can you tell? Another stunner from Primark. I love wearing this one to special occasions such as weddings etc it makes me look like I made a special effort ^_^
Primark | £4.00 Similar (here) and (here)

4. Now it may look simple but this gold choker goes with everything. The picture does not do it justice believe me. I searched high and low for this necklace but couldnt find it reasonably priced anywhere...and then Primark came to the rescue. I luhhh that shop.
Primark | £3.00 Similar (here) and (here) 


5. Dressing for work can be so boring sometimes. I have to wear black, occassionally I break the rules and wear white oooh rebel so when I saw this I knew it would bring some life to my boring work clothes.
eBay | £6.99

6. I am in awe of this necklace. I had a necklace similar, minus the pearls, about a year ago but one day I dropped it and the whole thing fell apart I was gutted. The choker style means my collar pop when worn with rounded neck garments and makes a casual white shirt look glam, perfect day to night piece, I feel very important in it lol but I wouldnt wear it with pearl earrings, too matchy matchy.
eBay | £5.99 

TIPS:

1. Less is more : Let your necklace be centre of attention the addition of big earrings can make the look to OTT and you want your outfit to look chic not trashy. For most necklaces all that is needed is very subtle studs, I think thin hoops would be acceptable with the thin chokers.
2. Do It Yourself! : pin old brooches or earrings together its a great way to create your own customised jewellery and no one else will have one like it or why not re-create one you like. Check out HonestlyWTF DIY of the double pearl choker!
3. Bring colour to your wardrobe: Not someone who wears colour much? This is your perfect way to cheat colour into your outfits! 
Particular favourites are here here and here
4. Bank Friendly : You may have noticed all my suggestions on where to buy have been from eBay. Thats because buying a statement piece doesn't mean going broke for it and sometimes, as much as I love Zara, Topshop etc, high street prices can be unreasonable. Ebay is the perfect playground to experiment with trends without breaking the bank. The range on offer is incredible and even though it might take up to two weeks to receive delivery *booo* most of the time the product on offer is extremely affordable and 9/10 free postal + packaging! *yaaaaay* 
Rememeber: Its not where you buy from, its how you wear it. Styling is everything.


So which one is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below!


Hope you enjoyed this post!
Lavinya x



21 comments:

  1. Ooo my favourites are numbers 1,2 and 4. You're so right, I don't really buy my jewellery in main stores, I tend to stock up when I go to markets like Spitalfields or even Greenwich in London.

    And miss lady, you have a lovely décolletage!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always planning to visit the markets especially spitalfields!

      And thank you very much :) xx

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sherida! Lovely decolletage haha! Gorgeous photos too, now i'm itching to get some new jewellery..

    IN MY SUNDAY BEST BLOG

    Sade xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) Thank you! x and I can't resist buying new jewellery! x

      Delete
  3. ahhhh all gorgeous but the 4th one yes yes yes! a bit of me, love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xThanks hun! I could totally see you with number four on!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous necklaces, especially love the 1st and the 4th x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the neckpieces are so class and beautiful! <3

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blogs!! :)

    Kisses
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charu. I will defo check your blog out :) x

      Delete
  6. gorgeous necklaces, faves are no1 and no4
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them, thinking of investing in a statement necklace, so thanks for the inspiration!
    Feel free to pass by: http://lemodeguru.blogspot.dk/ :)
    xo Mell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So hard to pick a favorite, i love them all!
    A tie between 1 and 4

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite is 5 mainly because I love gold jewerly and it's simple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're all gorgeous but I adore numbers 1 and 5, cannot believe they're both eBay!! XO

    http://therubyblonde.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. #3 #4 #5 are gorgeous ! =)

    FOLLOW ME ON GFC and/or BLOGLOVIN, I ALWAYS FOLLOW BACK ! X


    WWW.FLYDP.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love #3 ! Gotta love Primark! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks.

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMAZING - no1 ordered - thanks for the inspo :) xxx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first necklace is so beautifully classy! I love it.
    http://bethanyxalice.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete