December 04, 2018

blogmas #2 : the christmas tag.

To help us get in the festive mood and out of Grinch-mode...

opened book on person's lap with gray socks

Yes don't say it. Blogmas day 2 is late. 

In my defence I decided last minute yesterday afternoon what this post should be and just as I was getting started I had to abandon it to get ready for a night out with Michelle Obama. Yup thats right the Michelle Obama...more on that in Blogmas day 3 and on to todays/yesterdays post...I've already seen via my blog stats that a lot of you are checking out the gift guides I did last year. Don't worry I'm working on this years guides as we speak but before we jump right into buying, I thought I'd set the mood by doing... 


πŸŽ…

*THE CHRISTMAS TAG*πŸŽ…


1. What is your favourite Christmas Film?

Has to be Home Alone and The Santa Clause. 

Image result for home aloneImage result for the santa clause


2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?

Yes! but only a handful of times. I'm a Summer lover but I equally enjoy a snow day.


3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?

At home, snuggled up in a onesie, with my the fam.


4. What is your favourite Christmas Song?

"Oh Holy Night" sang by Nat King Cole gives me the chills, Nat King Cole is basically the voice of Christmas soz BublΓ© - you should listen to his Christmas Album I promise it will give you all the feels, its really something special. 

I also love the rendition by Mariah Carey I've tried for many years to hit those whistle notes of hers and its not gon' happen boo lol, its just a beautiful song period that I can listen to over and over. I also love "This Christmas" by Donny Hathaway...I mean can you really have one favourite Christmas song?!


5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?

When I was younger my mum would always let my siblings and I open one present on Christmas Eve, I have found memories of receiving new pj's and a Disney Princess Jasmine perfume and bath set - lol my mum is so cute.


6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?

Rudolph of course! Dasher, Vixen...Dancer?? Nah I don't really know them, do you?


7. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

I have a fake tree but two years ago we got a real tree and it was so pretty, I will share that it was a pain carrying it home but once it was there it was worth it, so who knows this year! One day I really want a extra AF tree Kardashian style...

See Kris Jenner's Home Decked Out for Christmas


8. What is your all time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?

Is there anything better than a warm mince pie with lashings of whipped cream? Also sweets, any sweet, all the sweets, thats one thing I haven't been able to drop as a adult! Also my mum makes the best stuffing and honey roasted parsnips and carrots....omgasssssh food is the best!


9. Best Christmas present you've ever received.

Music has always been my number one love, so when I received a Sony Walkman CD player it was surgically attached to my head for a long while. Ugh I would spend hours on my own little world listening, singing and dancing along to music. 



10. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?

A Christmas at Disney Land πŸ‘would πŸ‘beπŸ‘magical! Oooooh and maybe New York.



11. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?

 I, my friends, am the Queen B of present wrapping. lol. I love being extra AF and live for those gift wrapping sets. Every gift, no matter how big or small, receives its own bow, ribbon and tag with a sweet message written with a glittery gold pen....told you extra


12. Most memorable holiday moment?

 Oooh that is a good question! Decorating the house for Christmas. My dad would put on Christmas music at top volume, we'd get the decorations and tree out of storage. All helping to put it all together. We'd hang Christmas foil garlands from the ceiling and tinsel would be on every radiator and door frame. My mum would do a Christmas Card display on one of the walls of all the cards we got from neighbours, church and school. And then when we finished we would have hot drink and a mince pie while we marvelled at our handy work.

  13. What made you realise the truth about Santa?

 skrrrrrt. Huh? What does that mean? This question really stumped me guys, I don't really understand? What does it mean the truth about the homie Santa? - maybe I should go talk to Mum and Dad about this...


14. Do you make and stick to news resolutions?

 I am definitely a resolution setter but I always manage to fall off track...I've started this year to set "intentions" instead. One could argue semantics but for me setting intentions each month allows me to focus on the small steps that I believe will contribute to the bigger picture. E.g instead of setting the usual resolution of "Improve fitness" or "Loose weight" break it down to specifics "Go to Yoga class on Mondays" - works for me. 


15. What makes the holiday special for you?

 Relaxing and spending time with family. Life can be so go go go, sometimes I feel it can be so unfair to only have two days to recover from a five day week, it can be hard to keep up with everything and everyone but Christmas allows you some down time to have a little catch up and appreciate the people you love the most over good food, drinks and Christmas TV. 😊


guys I don't know about you but I think I'm starting to get some festive vibes going...who's with me? πŸ™‹

No comments:

Post a Comment