April 05, 2018

on the dot.

 What I'm Wearing:
berskha polka dot wrap top (similar here).  - mango white frayed jeans. - river island oval sunglasses

Happy thursday beauties! The sun is finally shining in London today and I just feel x10 better when the sun is shinning! It's not quite time to stop wearing a jacket, but its better than having snow so I cant complain! Anyways, with the typical British weather talk out the way, lets continue todays post... 

I'm sharing another fashion week trend inspiration, the print of spring/summer 2018: Polka Dots

This 60's classic print is replacing last years obsession with gingham and showed up on the SS18 runway in innovative ways, my favourites being Jason Wu (I wish I owned this dress), Jacquemus, Blumarineand I really appreciated the pop of colour from Dior, Caroline HerreraValentino and Prada.

Its never long before runway trends make it onto the high street and us "fashionistas" have adopted them as our own.


I scored my top from the Bershka sale, so unfortunately it's unavailable, but before I owned it, the furthest I'd ever gone with this trend was wearing polka dot hair clips, that my mum insisted I wear to school! It was definitely unheard of to wear it outfit-wise, because you ran the risk of being called "Minnie mouse". Not a good look back then...kids can be cruel lol. I'd see the print, as a teenager, and always steer away for that very reason. We thank God for growth and evolving fashion tastes! 

I paired my top with white jeans, which seems to be the norm and I'm on the hunt for a dress like this to wear with white kicks like Camille Charriere, above. You wont believe how many polka dot items there are on the high street, its so hard to choose! I've narrowed down the selection in my top picks:


TOPS.
TROUSERS & SKIRTS.
DRESSES & JUMPSUITS.

SHOES.
Have you spotted any thing you like? I mean just look at this dress! It's got my name dotted all over it...😏

No comments:

Post a Comment