December 13, 2017

GIFT GUIDE: FOR HER


It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

As I get older it gets harder and harder for me to figure out “Hmmmm What do I want for Christmas…?”
I remember as a child I would lay out the Argos catalogue, circling every doll and electronic gadget, excitedly singing along to the Toys R Us and Coca Cola adverts. Fun memories of waking my parents up at 4am to open presents and raiding my stocking, because who sleeps on Christmas Eve!!??? Barbie’s, Goosebumps and Jacqueline Wilson books, Walkman’s and cassettes and that one Christmas I got a Princess Sindy doll with a Horse and Carriage, the full works, and then sent it airborne down a flight of stairs 30mins after receiving it, breaking a wheel and the reins. Don’t ask. I don’t know why I thought it would fly either….¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


Times are different now and while I know Santa is not real, I still get excited for Christmas, especially the food lol, mums throws it down in the kitchen. And instead of “Dear Santa…” I have to reply to texts saying, “can you let me know what you’d like please or should I give you money?” lol. 
December 15th. That’s the date my family have given me to tell them what I would like and I’m finding it incredibly hard! So, I thought I would create a gift guide for people like me who can’t make up our minds or if you are struggling to decide what to buy a relative, friend or significant other.

                                               BEAUTY

 1.    Tiffany & Co. Eau De Parfum 50ml
I love Tiffany Jewellery and was so excited to see they have released a perfume! I am quite sensitive to smells some can cause headaches but this is honestly a beautiful bright and fresh floral fragrance in a gorgeous tiffany box.

 2.     Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush
This year I have invested more into my skincare routine. More masks, facial steams and applying creams and serums the right way! I always feel like makeup wipes don’t fully take off my make-up but I don’t have to worry about that with the cleansing brush. If you’re a skin enthusiast, like me, then adding the Clinique cleansing brush to your regime is a must.

 3.     Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette
I am obsessed with warm rich eyeshadow tones and Huda Beauty has 18 shades including both mattes and amazing metallics that do not disappoint. First off, the packaging is gorgeous, the cover OMGAAAAAD! I’m dying to get my hands on this palette honestly, I’m in love with it. You could definitely create some neutral looks, then when the time is right have fun and turn up on your eyeshadow game!

 4.     Impressions Touch 2.0 LED Vanity Mirror
Its more than a mirror its glam, its lit, its over-the-top, you don’t need it and that’s why you need it. Add some glam to your dressing table and get ready in style. I have linked some alternatives as I last I checked it was sold out on the site, but check back because you never know. Similar here in Matte Black 

 5.     Stylpro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer
How many of us have brushes in storage because they need washing but its longggggggHands up! You too Lavinya - ok my hands are definitely up. I always plan to do it on the weekends but then they take forevaaa to dry, so I can be lazy and buy new brushes instead. #dontjudgeme 
That is why I need the Stylpro. My make-up brushes can be cleaned, dried and ready to use in seconds? #HELLYEA!

STYLE

 6.     Ted Baker Sorikai Suede and Leather Bag 
I know the internet has spent 2017 going crazy over the Gucci Dionysus but first of all…personally, I think it’s a little overrated…soz. The Sorikai is much nicer IMO. It’s available in a range of colours but the gorgeous tan mustard colour is ticking all the winter style boxes for me and the gold chain handle just adds to the luxury.

 7.     Topshop Striped Slouch Trousers 
There’s something so 70s about them that have my attention. Their fun and perfect for the season. I'm trying so hard to switch off my default settings aka "wear jeans for every occasion" I think these may help me do the trick.

 8.     New Look Beaded Belle Print Sweatshirt 
2017 has definitely been the year of the sweatshirt. I am #teamcosy for life. I love the bold lettering and think they would look really good layered over shirts and with the Topshop trousers…I’m just saying.

 9.     Stradivarius Lace Up Ankle Boots 
It wasn’t my intention to create an outfit but I think my picks are on to something! And these lace up boots would totally compliment the whole look. I am obsessed with the block heel and the intricate lace up detail on the boots, very Louis Vuitton-esque but a fraction of the price. Their selling out fast so get them quick!!! 

 10.   CLUSE Watch by Negin Mirsalehi 
One of my fav bloggers has to be Negin and shes teamed up with Cluse on this gorgeous limited edition watch with interchangeable straps. For the blush pink, velvet strap alone, I’m sold. A 10/10 Xmas treat.

                                            LIFESTYLE

This star print PJ’s are the perfect attire for a lazy day indoors and their cute af!

I love poring over old photo albums of birthdays, weddings, random family occasions and baby photos, and although I love technology, the fact our memories stay on our phones, Instagram or “the cloud” is a real shame. Having the HP photo printer means you can easily print off your pictures no matter where you are and make them mean more than a few likes on social media. #priceless

Well I can’t feature a comfy outfit and not have the footwear to match!!! I was gifted these last year and honestly, I have spent the year with my toes snuggly and always looking cute to answer the door to the postman or deliveroo ;)

I LOVE the idea of plants around the room but a. they always die and b. I cannot deal with spiders! So anything with leaf print has my attention. Great way of adding the aesthetic without having to remember to water it…lol

2017 has really shown me how important self care is. Self care can be movies days, pamper days or sometimes its quiet time spent journaling. I’ve always kept an journal but I am not always consistent with it and sometimes its hard to know what to write or how to articulate it. The 52 lists project is a great way to ease in journaling-shy types or keep you inspired. All you need is a pen AND OF COURSE THIS BOOK.


Hope you found some inspiration from this post! 12 DAYS TO GO!


SHOP THE POST:




Gift Guide: For Him coming soon. Follow to receive new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment