November 27, 2017

THE CATCH UP #3 AND #4

Shop The Makeup Range:
Hello again guys! I have not been well *surprise surprise* so haven't been able to upload or create any new content, I've literally been in bed nursing a headache, cuddling my hot water bottle and watching Youtube, so not too exciting, but I thought I'd mesh #3 & #4 entries together and throw it back to a couple of weeks ago to share my first ever make over experience with you guys. Let me catch you up...

  • Thanks Influenster! I was invited by the Influenster Team to receive a complimentary makeover from Marc Jacobs Beauty and John Lewis, Oxford Street. Marc Jacobs have never really been a brand on my radar so I've never tried any products from their beauty range nor have I ever had a professional makeover, so I was super excited to see how this would all turn out.
  • The deets. I booked a 10:00am appointment and being half asleep I was a little conscious of being watched by other shoppers but the makeup artist, Michelle made me feel completely at ease. She started off with cleansing my face and applying the Under(Cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer - I love cream primers, the feel of silicone based primers is really off putting for me, but this was moisturising and it smelled amazing. Next, Foundation. Marc Jacobs' foundation line offers 22 shades, with very few options for people of colour. Michelle told me of hopes of the brand being more inclusive in the new year, seeing as its parent company, Kendo, successfully created 40 foundation shades in the Fenty Beauty collection! 
  • To achieve my shade, Re(Marc)Able Full Cover Foundation in Honey Deep and Cocoa Light were mixed together. Instead of pumping out the product it's dispensed via a dropper and honestly a little goes a long way. Its full coverage but super lightweight, not tacky or cakey at all and created the most flawless base, I absolutely loved it and if they do extend the foundation line in 2018, I will be investing in my shade. My undereyes were concealed with the Remedy Concealer Pen in Shade 06 Deep. I love concealers that brighten my under-eye without looking ashy and I think the shade flattered my skin tone and blended in perfectly on top of the foundation without creasing. 

I was really happy with the finished look, while I prefer to look like I've been "contoured by the gods", it was a nice change to achieve a softer, almost natural look, that let my eyes be the centre of attention.

As if the makeover wasn't enough, I was kindly gifted a sample size of the Velvet Noir Mascara to take away with along with a personalised face chart.  If you want to know more about the range I would recommend booking yourself a consultation at your local MJ Beauty  counter. Even with Michelle stopping to serve people at the till, I really felt she took her time with the application process, explaining the history behind the brand and each product in exceptional detail throughout the consultaion. The experience was really informative and I left feeling much more knowledgable about the MJ range and 100% sure that the Scandalust Palette is for sure going on my Christmas list! 

The makeover was an awesome experience, such a lovely treat and I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity by Influenster. 

Have you tried Marc Jacobs Beauty?

Lavinya - x


Follow me on Bloglovin' to stay up-to-date with new posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment