December 16, 2014

TARTAN TROUSERS

CHOKER: H&M
TROUSERS: PRIMARK
TRENCHCOAT: H&M

I hope you all don't mind that my photos are shot in my bedroom, with it being so cold outside and literally having no one to help take my photos I've decided to adopt the mantra: Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. 


No wardrobe is complete without a bit of tartan. I'm used to wearing tartan printed shirts and scarves but its quite a statement when worn on the lower half of your body so when I bought these trousers last year from Primark I had some doubts about the purchase because I really didn't know how to style them but I knew I wanted them. Theres logic there somewhere...

I've looked no further than H&M this season for most of my knitwear and this stone coloured chunky jumper was made to team together with these trousers, they make the print look less "loud and busy" plus the neckline is just perfect to show off this beautiful pendant choker.

The lace up detail of these boots I got off eBay add a different dimension, especially with them being open toe, compared to your standard black boot. Totally weather appropriate...I promise no toes where hurt in the wearing of this outfit. LOL

If your like me, sometimes you may second guess a purchase but end up holding on to it incase you change your mind, sometimes you end up throwing/donating/selling it away but its great when you can get your moneys worth and actually wear it! So sometimes putting an item aside until later can pay off! 

PS: I am totally obsessed with matte brown lips! I am a huge fan of Barry M's lip liner in Chocolate LL6. Shoutout to the 90s! 

So what do you think of tartan trousers?

Lavinya x

Follow me:


26 comments:

  1. Complete beauty love this outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are completely rocking this look - awesome outfit!
    www.meowandme.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this make-up and I love this outfit. I am really feeling your lip color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *side eye* why do you always look so damm good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo amazing, you look incredible Lavinya!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! :) Who does your braids for you, if you don't mind me asking? x
    http://mellowusu.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do them! I just went on youtube and watched ALOT of vids. This is my third attempt and pretty happy with them! xx

      Delete
  7. Love that lipstick girl!!!
    Huge fan of tartan, love the way you styled your outfit!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fei its a Barry M Lip liner in chocolate x

      Delete
  8. Great look!! Loved the pants (:







    123danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool pants and shoes love it. hope you could check my blog too =) http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/ we can follow each other if you like. just let me know =) Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. this look is awesome, love the pants!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving this outfit! I really like your lipstick as well!
    |The Twenty Sumtin Sumtin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour palette and your makeup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colour palette and your makeup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm trying to find a trench coat as perfect as this and they do not exist anywhere! You look so good in it :) x

    http://queenofsheeba.uk

    ReplyDelete