March 18, 2014

RETURN OF THE....

5 MONTHS! I honestly didn't plan to be away for so longer, it just sorta happened. To pick up from where we last saw each other, would have been LFW AW13, such a bitter sweet time for me because while I was enjoying my first catwalk shows, hanging out with fellow bloggers all around the same time as my bday, I was also going through a really bad break up. I could hide it from you guys, write a post that says "I'm Back!" type some pleasantries & pretend I was gone because I'm a bad blogger but I'd like for my blog to ultimately be my online diary where I share the good & the bad because life isnt just about what I bought, where I bought it and where I wore it to....plus I would love in many years to come for my children to look back on my blog, see how mummy suffered heartbreak, built a bridge & got over it.... hehe

I won't bore you the details but the aftermath was a neglection of everything concerning me. I became idle to put it simply. I let the whole situation suck me dry, dampen my motivation & I started to see all my passions/interests as chores, my activity on social media became less & less until voila 5 months hiatus! It was a message from a friend who asked me to feature on her blog that really make me think about what was going on with my blog, if I even wanted to blog. I couldn't even consider doing it because I felt like how can I speak about something I've not been putting into practice? Time really does heal all wounds & my perspective & focus has really changed towards putting all my energy back in me. Sometimes when things don't work out because you devote so much time in a person & get nothing in return it can leave you feeling some type of way. I'm done with feeling that way, I'm still open to love but everything has its time a place and now is the time for me how can I go wrong if I invest in myself? Ive been setting challenges for myself concerning mind, body and soul but I will be sharing more about that with you all in future posts! For now...


I'M BACK! 

Shout out to my bro for taking my picture, thanks Nath :) 

H&M Oversized Jacket (no link, similar here & here) | Primark T-shirt (Mens) | H&M Skinny Jeans (Similar here) | Cut Out Buckle Boots | Sunglasses


This weekends weather has been all sorts of goodness! Saturday my mum and I decided to head to Covent Garden grab a smoothie from Costa Coffee, browse the shops and take a walk along the Southbank. As much as it was sunny it wasn't enough for me to go without an additional layer over my tshirt, I wore my new denim jacket from H&M for £19.99! In the past my denim jackets have always been a much darker blue wash, but the jacket had me at hello aka £19.99 & with its distressed/ripped details I thought it would be silly not to get it! - I hate the choice of tshirts for women in Primark, Nicki minaj tshirts are not really my thing but I picked this one up from the mens dept (they have a much better range) & I will admit to buying this tshirt simply because I liked the tie-dye effect & bold writing....how fickle lol - been dying to wear these boots from New Look I purchased last year, they've stayed unworn because I thought their not really "me" especially being a size 6.5/7 chunky boots are an enemy of progress, but I didn't want to send them back either look at the pwetty gold buckles! I have to say they are so comfy & now I'm wondering what the hell I was complaining about!


In my absence the blogosphere has continued spinning, OH MY GAW, LIKE HOW COULD YALL? LOL! Im joking ok but I have really enjoyed taking a backseat & viewing everyones posts and really appreciate everyone who stuck around on all my social media sites. Biggest Thank you to YOU!

PHEW! Give yourselves a pat on the back you made it through to the end! I know I say this every time I disappear and come back but I'm determined to be a better blogger, Ive even been considering making youtube vids...but one step at a time eh?! 

hehe love you guys 
L x


16 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You look gorgeous, love the outfit and the pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit, welcome back! Make sure to check out our latest post ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Love your hair x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im quite proud of it too it was my first time do it myself! Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  4. Welcome back lavinya! We missed you, i feel your pain girl - i went through the same thing. You look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed y'all too! Thanks hun! Positive minds breed positive lives. Thanks for the encouragement! xx

      Delete
  5. Welcome back, just found your blog and I instantly become a follower! :) I love this look!
    Feel free to pass by my blog, thank you xo http://lemodeguru.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look super beautiful .
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  7. loving the come back girl! xx

    ReplyDelete