June 27, 2013

R I P • P E D II


So these "Alexander Wang Dupes" have to be one of my favourite buys! I remember when and why I bought these...it was during my unemployed phase, I was fed up of filling out long ass application forms and not hearing back from anyone, tired of fake friends, tired of lack of support, tired of feeling broke, tired of not being able to shop, tired of being tired. So the cure for this? Retail Therapy.

Yes I was broke but I was determined to buy something, anything! I needed to feel like I could look at something see its price and not second guess myself...so I went onto eBay lol. I started bidding for a vintage leather jacket waaaaaay too early and of course lost the jacket and then...I came across these combat shoes that were on sale for £4.99! The more I looked at them the more I wanted them and then I noticed how similar they looked to Alexander Wang's Freja open toe boots from their S/S collection 2010.

Wang HERE
Dupes HERE

My outfit was inspired by Ivy Sullivan from 90210. Yep. It was on TV, my sister refused to turn it over and then Ivy came on screen. I've always thought she has an effortless style, so I followed suit and banned all unnecessary accessories and kept it simple; tee, jeans and my trusty fedora and if I had them I would have added a kimono, real hipster vibe. I should have thrown away these jeans ages ago, but I'm a bit of an hoarder always convincing myself I will eventually wear them...couple rips and a spin in the washer and I am grateful to my hoarder ways, and even though Ivy wouldn't wear heels, Lavinya would. so there.

So I hope you will agree my boots are incredible and in case you were wondering the sides do fold down like the Freja's do. Personally it was the best decision ever and it really cheered me up when the came :). I love them I love them I love them and yes they are really comfy! 


11 comments:

  1. I love those boots, you look great! Love the ripped jeans.x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/28/2013

    Love the outfit! Those shoes are amaze <3

    http://thebigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this
    This is very inspiring to customize/DIY to old clothing
    So glad I came across your blog !

    Signed
    www.linesbroken.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your jeans!
    + do you want to follow each other?
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/8806045

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never feel like i can rock a hat, just feel i look kinda weird, but you ROCKED IT

    http://puredestinyliz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ripped jeans x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit ! Your shoes are very beautiful!

    Follow me on GFC and/or BlogLovin', I always follow back :) ! X

    WWW.FLYDP.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete