July 09, 2019

EMPTIES: 001

Trash Talk! 💬 to re-buy or not to re-buy that is the question...


Hey my loves 😄, in todays post I'm going to take you through my trash! 🗑️ I've reviewed some skincare and body-care products from best to worst, so lets get started...


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is a game-changing product. I was super lucky to discover this brand in an event goody bag last year October! Yesssss! I've had this since then!...I've been super frugal with it, only using it when my skin is dire need of attention because it really did help to calm my skin while I'm hormonally breaking out, severely dry or when the stress was starting to show on my skin. After one use I noticed a positive difference in my skin appearance; nourished, youthful and healthy. It smells like a heavenly concoction of essential oils (it includes Jojoba, Lavender, Olive and Rosehip Oil) 

Some nights I added drops to my night moisturiser or I would apply it directly to my face and neck - I even added it to my body cream, best decision ever. I am definitely re-purchasing but this time round I will be investing in the DISCIPLE DISCOVERY KIT which comes with two 10ml bottles for day and night use. There should be more talk about this product because it is the 💣I'll even go on record by saying its the best face oil I have ever used! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽




⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I have a hard time with body creams, I feel like they all promise to be moisturising and the moment the hit my skin they seem to evaporate and leave my skin feeling beyond dry. I'm a ashy lass what can I say 🤷🏽lol. 

I'm already quite familiar with Superdrugs' Vitamin E range - I'm currently using their eye cream, face serum, cleansing oil and day cream - and I've yet to be disappointed
This cream is super hydrating to my skin, I feel like it sinks into my skin and doesn't feel heavy or tacky. It has a rich sweet coconutty smell which I personally I don't find offensive at all, in-fact after bathing I look forward to applying it all over my body, its a really nice treat to the skin. When I'm in a rush in the mornings and super tired at night I've been known to use in on my face and again no problems. Its a really big tub for such an inexpensive price and I've already re-purchased! I would highly recommend especially if you suffer from dry skin conditions and need that extra boost of moisture to your skin.✅



⭐⭐⭐⭐

I had no expectations of this product, to be honest I didn't even know what "Photo Plasma" was, it really threw me off - but after some research I found it to be a an day moisturiser containing SPF so I was less intimated to try it out. Its pink in colour but smoothes away clear on the skin and doesn't leave a white cast like most sun-care creams. Its light and airy which I really like. Astaxanthin is the powerful antioxidant that gives the cream its pink tint and this ingredient is proven to increase skin moisture, elasticity and moisture retention.

If you haven't gathered by now, I am big on products that aid skin moisture and hydration...

...and now I'm really big on SPF, there has been a serious misconception that melanated queens don't need protection against UV rays but this couldnt be further from the truth. WEAR SPF! WEAR SPF! WEAR SPF! Your skin will thank you for it! This cream especially came in handy on those mornings when I felt like the walking dead, it really gave my skin a boost and perked it up. I was actually devastated when it finished because its very pricey and thats the only reason I won't be re-purchasing. But if you've got the money, this is definitely worth the investment.  



⭐⭐⭐

I am a huge fan of Neutrogena Hydro Boost range, especially their hydro boost face wipes ✅ which are seriously the best in the game IMO but theres talk in the beauty community that wipes don't really help to cleanse the skin and they're damaging to the planet too!  
From the same range, I'm always topping up on the  hydro boost sheet mask ✅✅✅ too.
So yes I had high expectations for this serum and super pumped to buy it on offer but I cant justify its £14.99 price tag, really wish I could but I just wasn't blown away by this serum. There's no denying its a nice light product to apply to my skin, dries really quickly, but it didn't give me that charge of moisture I was looking for and to be honest I didn't notice much difference to my skin. 

I finished the bottle because mama never raised no quitter lol but would I re-purchase? I'm afraid not...but I remain a fan of the products I mentioned earlier and in the future I'd still like to test out more from this range.


⭐⭐⭐

If you haven't visited the Rituals store in London Bridge Station you should. Its like stepping into another realm. Soooo calming, smells amazing and the staff are lovely. Now back to the product in question, this salt scrub is lovely and definitely worth the try. Its an absolute treat to use, smells divine and leaves skin feeling super smooth and refreshed. The only negative I have is the texture, I prefer my body scrubs to be coarse and quite fine so it really feels like its doing the job on my skin, my NO.1 favourite is the SANCTUARY SALT SCRUB.
It is quite pricey but you definitely get what you pay for and a little goes a long way.

I would re-purchase it again...but only if it was on special offer.  


⭐⭐

Another skincare brand I'm a fan of but I failed to be impressed by this toner. Its just okaaaaaaaay. I really didn't see any difference to my skin or any toning qualities which was really disappointing. I think its great that you're able to buy the 100ml at £10 as opposed to the 250ml at £18, its a great incentive to at least give it a go. But since finishing the bottle I've actually gone back to the GLOW TONIC because thats my jam. I can happily leave the Retinol Tonic behind although I've heard theres a new ROSE TONIC and VITAMIN C TONIC on the market...not going to lie I'm very tempted to give them a go too. 



ALL PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS POST




So that wraps up my first ever empties post! I really hope that you enjoyed it and even discovered some new products on the way too! I'm really trying to push myself to try new products...and remember to blog about them...so do let me know what products you've tried that I should too!

Talk soon - x


YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...




No comments:

Post a Comment