February 23, 2019

A Few Of My Favourite Things.

 Alexa, play "Gold" by Spandau Ballet...

I noticed the other day that I've been building quite a collection of gold jewellery and fun accessories, so I thought I would share my favourites with you and link pieces where I can. 


ACCESSORIES

I received this Oliver Bonas bracelet as a gift from the Wingfield PR team as a goodbye present at the end of my internship. I've not worn a bangle in years, but this piece is so light that I sometimes forget I have it on, until I'm complimented on it. Such a sweet gift. 

Gold bobby pins are the most inexpensive way of jazzing up your hairstyles and subtly taking part in the hair clip craze that seems to have taken over Instagram. 'Teen me' is also screaming that scrunchies have come back as a thing. I struggled to make any accessory work in my hair. The struggle was most definitely real. We thank God for hair extensions, Youtube tutorials and developed knowledge of how to handle my own hair...yes 'Teen me', it gets better 🙏🏽.


EARRINGS

I've turned into quite the Magpie when it comes to gold earrings, they're just so shiny and beautiful. You cant help but feel like your Sade in pair of gold hoops and these statement shell drop earrings make me feel like I've got my life all the way together; so chic, so luxe.

NECKLACES

If you remember my posts from back in the day, you will remember that I was obsessed with chunky statement necklaces. The bigger the better, I wanted everyone to see I was wearing a necklace. Back then dainty chains did not appeal to me and it frustrated me how they would get lost behind your tops neckline and become a tangled mess. Now I can't think of anything better than layering gold chains with varying lengths - that look becomes a statement in itself. 





RINGS & DIY

I love the look of stacked rings and I've been looking for a signet ring for a while, but they always seem so big. So while rooting around my old jewellery stash I came across an ASOS ring from many years ago and inspiration struck! I took my black nail varnish and painted the stone. Voila!

The chunkier "rings" that you see are actually cuff earrings that I've repurposed. I was inspired by jewellery brand Wolf Circus, who sell these beautiful solid, thick gold signet rings that are just ugghhh!

Sometimes its handy to take a look at the items you already have and consider if you could give it a new leese of life before spending money on something new.

The pinky ring is actually my baby ring. Never fit me then, doesn't fit me now lol but I like stubbornly stuffing it onto my pinky finger. On my more sensible days, I put it on a chain.LOL







Where are your favourite places to buy jewellery?

No comments:

Post a Comment