March 03, 2015

SUIT UP

BLAZER: PRIMARK
HEELS: H&M (SIMILAR)
NECKLACES: PRIMARK & ACCESSORIZE

I have always considered the menswear inspired suit for women to be strictly for work or to be worn to somewhere official like court, but now I consider the suit to be a sophisticated, sexy and more comfortable than a tight dress.

One of my style icons has to be Miroslava Duma and I instantly began looking for a suit when I saw her here in this striking cobalt blue number. I haven't had any luck finding the same colour but one colour your always guaranteed to find is black, so when I came across this blazer from Primark I had to have it. What I love the most about this blazer is the longline body and double breasted button detail. The wide leg trousers were bought from H&M, high waisted and are the perfect match for the blazer.

I styled my suit with two statement necklace layered together, sleek hair and barely there heels but there are so many possibilities on how to style suits. In a previous post here I played around with lengths. Mix and match your items to create different looks, you dont always have to go for heels and you dont have to wear a formal shirt! I think suits are so versatile and such a easy way to make you look "smart" without trying too hard. Draw some ideas from my 'Day to Night' inspo on how to accessorise your suit!

Whats your thoughts on the "suit"?
Lavinya x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love how you've made a suit versatile. I've got so many pairs of tailored trousers (and blazers) that I've not worn because I don't want to look too 'smart'. Your face so stunning btw x

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E a suit when styled with flats/trainers.

    Your spin on the suit - I likey the wide leg, the choice of heel <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is gorgeous and I love how the collection is surprisingly affordable.

    m0dhisattva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant ! Love that outfit ! You're gorgeous :) X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant ! Love that outfit ! You're gorgeous :) X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty outfit, love it. and especially the necklace.

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete