February 15, 2015

THE WEEKEND MUSE #6: DENIM

Denim is an essential all year round but now there are so many new ways to style up or incorporate denim pieces into an everyday outfit besides skinny/bf/mom jeans, take a look below and you'll see what I mean...

Denim is probably the most everlasting fashion trend that is familiar but reinvented in new ways every season and not just for your 'days off/slummy days'. This season its all about the darker wash/indigo hues and denim culottes and tunics. 

GET THE LOOK!
1. ASOS or from BOOHOO have a great dupe of Kourtney K's boiler suit.
2. Blogger Angelica Blick does triple denim effortlessly get the OVERSIZED JACKET, SHIRT and RIPPED JEANS all from vintage label House of Jam and slay the same way.
3. If you've got Rihanna's Miu Miu jacket money then by all means but my eyes are on this beaut from MONKI NEED NEED NEED!
4. We all had them as children but as adults dungarees defo look cooler NEW LOOK.
5. Culottes were big last year SS14 but denim culottes is new territory and defo on my 'to-buy-list'. Get the exact pair from H&M even MONKI are doing them!...P.S check out Monki's new collection they have some great stuff for S/S.
6. Dont sleep on the denim skirt: mini, high waisted pencil skirt and now the A-line denim skirt has gone midi try this one from GLAMOROUS.


Now I am not saying ditch your go-to reliable denim pieces but why not break the 'rules' and try something different?!
Are you a fan of this trend? Which styles would you wear?

Lavinya x


Follow me:

3 comments:

  1. I would def wear number 2. Maybe not triple from but for sure double :) Check mine: www.nataliecairnsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post !
    Especially Angelic Blick's outfit (#2)
    X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.

    WWW.HEKYMA.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already stocked up on a few denim pieces without meaning too! I love a denim shirt and there's a denim dress I've got my eye on too x

    ReplyDelete