September 08, 2014

GET ME TO THE GREEK


DRESS: H&M
SANDALS: H&M-sale (Similar)
KIMONO & SUNGLASSES: Primark

Three weeks have passed since I got back from my holiday, and in all honesty I needed a holiday to get over my holiday, but instead I went back to work the day after I arrived in London and I've been playing catch up ever since! I haven't even got round to washing my holiday clothes!...hey don't judge me...I've been busy. lol.

I have always wanted gladiator sandals but could never find any I really liked and then H&M had this leather pair marked down from £40 to £15 I was couldn't get to the till point fast enough. They add another element to any outfit, I think I've worn them out tbh! I loved wearing a neutral colour palette like in my last post (here) and I knew we would be walking around a lot in the heat so I wore this H&M dress with a lovely open back and teamed it with my fringe kimono. This was one of my favourite outfits! 

The day trip to Greece was one of the highlights of the holiday for me. It started with an early morning cruise from the Marmaris marina by high speed catamaran arriving at the port of Rhodes within an hour. We booked the coach tour last minute to take us around the island and it was totally worth it, there was no way we would have been able to get around the island by foot! We were driven from the harbour to the "Temple of Apollo" to "The Palace of the Grand Masters" and then our final stop was within the huge 4km wall better known as the "Old Town". There are a lot of shops, restaurants and historic buildings in old town that are very very well preserved. 


Apollo Temple at the Acropolis of Rhodes
After the tour we went for a little wonder around the island and found a little cafe to get something to eat.
Chicken Gyros with olive oil salad - You have no idea how delicious this was!
The Church of the Virgin of the Burgh

Rhodes was so beautiful and laid back but one day was not enough to explore so I would definitely go back to enjoy this quiet beautiful island. 

Next up LFW! I received my invites this morning so let the planning begin!!!
Lavinya x



6 comments:

  1. I love these photos Lavinya, you look amazing and so does your mother!

    O.R.R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kimono! You look great

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cassandra! Its one of my favs :) xx

      Delete
  3. Looooove Rhodes! It's my second home lol! You look beautiful! xx
    http://mellscloset.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? I cannot say I am surprised it is a beautiful place to be! Thank you Melanie! xx

      Delete