July 17, 2014

THE GRADUATE

H&M Jumpsuit | Russell & Bromley Nude Heels | eBay Silver Choker | Primark Handbag 

On Monday my little brother graduated at the Royal Festival Hall with a BA(Hons) in Fine Art from the University of The Arts London! I was so excited for him and the day was absolutely great! We arrived early to pick up my brothers robe and take pictures but everybody else had the same idea! The auditorium hall was filled with hundreds of excited and nervous graduates, family and friends. My brother looked rather amazing in his suit and equally so in his graduation robe. I'm just so pleased for him, he worked his butt off and it was great to see him walk across that stage and receive is award. We eventually got round to taking the official graduate/family pictures after the ceremony and hit up Byron for a well deserved burger!

What I Wore: How fabulous is this bag? The colour caught my attention instantly, these are the gems I love finding in Primark. Its getting way to hot to lug around big bags and this £8 bag is compact but still big enough to fit everything and more inside, you would be surprised. For weeks I had no idea what to wear, then I remembered this jumpsuit that has been sitting in my wardrobe ever since I bought it! Jumpsuits are incredibly versatile and depending how you wear them they are appropriate for any occasion, I dressed them up with my nude T-bar sandals from Russell & Bromley, matching my pedi colour with my bag. 

Here are a few more pictures:


The day was as much a turning point for me as it was for my brother, watching him and his friends happy and smile for every photo reminded me of my own graduation. A sense of nostalgia. Their faces seem to be filled with such infectious hope and positive anticipation for their futures. It made me realise how complacent you can get once you hit the "real world" all of a sudden you push aside the time to dream, to pursue your goals and instead fall into the monotonous working pattern without much thought and get stuck in a rut. We should all think like a graduate, fresh and ready to take on the world no matter what.

Good luck to all the new graduates!
Make the most of your graduation day and celebrate! YOU DID IT! 

p.s Nathan I am so proud of you :)
Lavinya x

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/17/2014

    Congrats to your brother. The irony of that "well done" sign on the burger. It's priceless.
    Mary

    http://www.popgoesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post had me smiling extra hard - such a cute post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I love it too! I went and bought it in black - cant knock a good thing! x

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your brother! Love the pictures and your outfit, you look great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! I have past on your comments to my brother and he appreciates them all! :) x

      Delete
  5. You're goregous! I love your outfit, congratulations to your brother, I'll be attending the same uni :)
    xo http://lemodeguru.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Melanie, thank you! Thats great, this will be you in 3/4years time! How exciting!

      Delete
  6. Your brother has an amazing smile, omg! Such a good-looking family. Congrats to him! Congrats to your family as well, he couldn't have got through it all without your support x

    Oroma R.R.
    ORRBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I agree his smile is amazing :) and thank you for your kind words xx

      Delete
  7. congrats to your brother, your whole family looked lovely that day. and love your purse, such a nice shade of red.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats to your brother

    http://gafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This jumpsuit is amaze, you look fab, thanks for the 'insane' comment, you are too kind! xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely blog dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done to your brother and I love your jumpsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking gorge and congrats to your brother. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. just discovered your blog and I'm so in love

    joreina.blogspot.com

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post and I love your blog!

    i-eatfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw congrats! I love that bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats.... :)
    love ur outfit

    http://www.ann-u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to your brother!!! Your outfit was on point.

    http://tinuology.com/

    ReplyDelete