February 16, 2013

LFW: MY MINI EXPERIENCE

So yesterday was the first day of London Fashion Week and since I don't have any passes for shows I had accepted my fate and set my hopes for attending in September (God Willing!). I was moping about on instagram and someone encouraged me to go anyway just to soak up the atmosphere, I ran the idea by my sister as a joke but then she agreed, so we went and I'm so glad we did!
The queue for the PPQ Show went around the screen and up some stairs!

 First off...it was super intimidating, we had no idea what we were doing, initially I thought I would see if there were any stylish people about and snap a few outfits and hopefully bump into a few bloggers! But I seriously froze, there were loads of people dressed up, looking the part! A few peoples outfits caught my eye but I was too scared to ask them for a picture. How crazy is that!?  After some courage from my boyfriend and my sister, I spotted a few bloggers/instagram ladies and took a few snaps!


 NATASHA NDLOVU FROM BISOUS NATASHA
The gorgeous model was so lovely to talk to, having been to some castings earlier she had stopped by to take some snaps too! If you've never checked out her blog you must, she has serious style and I have designer style envy every time she's posts. Her blog is Bisous Natasha.


PROMISE FROM FOLLOWMEIN5INCHHEELS
I wish I had got Promise to show her clutch bag because it was so beautiful but you can check out her full outfit on her blog Follow Me In 5inch Heels. We follow each other through instagram, so it was so nice that she remembered me. She looked stunning and you guys really must check out her blog. I want all her Virgos Lounge clothing!


I also caught a short glimpse of Melissa from Melissa's Wardrobe and Drey from A Stylists Notepad, and I had hoped on meeting Frankie from Even Though I'm Skint but I totally missed her, we'll meet soon though!


So moral of the story! Be brave and be spontaneous. You never know who you might meet! And fingers crossed, come September I can meet them all again and be brave enough to snap few people too!

Ok guys I'm going to get back to my "Scandal" marathon, just finished season 1 and onto season 2 now! Whoooo that program is my new ish! 

Have a good weekend xxx

36 comments:

  1. I met Promise for the first time on Friday too!! Such a babe :) What other days you going hun? XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I will go again! Are you? Let me know I will see if I can make it down! xxx

      Delete
  2. Looks like being brave paid off! I love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish we could have gone :-( ! please check out our log if you have time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading you can still go down there and have a nosy! xxx

      Delete
  4. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) you can check out my post here :)

    Laura xx - Black & Gold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura will defo check that out now! x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Izzie I've been following your blog for a while! thanks for stopping by! xxx

      Delete
  6. Omg! That is so amazing! I should have tagged along with you loool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) my plans were all last minute! but defo make sure your there in september!!!! xxx

      Delete
  7. I was contemplating going too, but didn't in the end :( wish I went now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i do love going to LFW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hopefully I"ll see you there one day! xxx

      Delete
  9. Had my first LFW experience too. I really understand what you're saying because it can be quite daunting but gets really fun once you get into it. Really loved promise's VL clutch

    Lola xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like great fun.

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl / Check out my eyewear line Enerjiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was the atmosphere was buzzing!

      Delete
  11. i feel like i would be exactly the same, such a lovely post though. glad you built up the courage to approach a few people.
    love your blog by the way.

    v-is-for-visual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds so cool to have met some bloggers! And I love Scandal too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! and urgh! I'm totally a gladiator loool ;)

      Delete
  13. Great Post babes!!
    textbookbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to meet you ! LFW was exhausting. I'm glad I can just watch the other fashion weeks online ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you! hopefully see you in sept? lol xx

      Delete
  15. Great pictures, looks like a fun time! Lovely blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks a lot! i love your blog too consider me a new follower xxx

      Delete
  16. I was there to it was awesome :) cant wait for September x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a good idea to just visit down there, just to get pics and a bit of networking. I laughed at the time you said you felt nervous, cos I'd be crapping myself haha!! :/

    Hoping I'll one day be invited to something *fingers crossed for the both of us*
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers double crossed! and yep i was a bag of excited mess lol! sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone!

      Delete
  18. awww
    September come! I'll keep you in the loop - we'll apply for the same shows and roll together.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU JEN! I am so rolling with you. You and Frankie looked like you had a blast! Thanks for reading xxx

      Delete